Saturday, April 18, 2015

Thanks

Thanks to everyone who came out last Tuesday (4/14) to the meeting of the Clintonville Historical Society for my presentation of "Nelson Evans: From Clintonville to Hollywood".  I appreciate the interest and enthusiasm that was shown for one of Clintonville's native sons.  One of the goals of my research is to make Nelson better known in his hometown and this was a big step in meeting that goal.

For those who were not there, here's a rundown of my presentation:
  • Overview of Nelson's life and career
  • Nelson in Clintonville
  • Nelson's film exchange business
  • His work with Mack Sennett/Bathing Beauties
  • Fan magazine appearances of his photographs
  • Other uses of his work, including fan photos, post cards, and advertising
  • Selections from my collection
I would love to give the presentation again.  And as my research continues, the presentation will probably expand.  In fact, I found some interesting information just hours before the meeting and came across some more a couple of days ago.  Who knows what the next presentation will be like! 

Thanks again!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tom, I have some Nelson Evans head shots that are packaged inside a nice presentation folder that features the Evans LA insignia on the cover that I would like to show you.

    ReplyDelete